As a business owner, you realize the importance of staying ahead of trends and the competition. Your choice to sell CBD products is a great indication of you keeping up the latest trends. However, there are two questions that probably keep you up at night:
- How do I get more customers (sales)?
- How can I compete with online e-commerce stores like Amazon?
The answer to both of these questions is to offer what customers are looking for i.e. is convenience of online shopping but with the service of walking down to the local store. Enter same day delivery.
Same-day delivery is more than a bullet point on your product page. It’s not another call to action. It’s a reason for consumers to embrace you and consider you as an everyday part of their lives. And with Amazon’s reign, it’s gone from “nice to have” to “requirement” for many shoppers.
Same-day delivery is not limited to the big stores and doesn't have to be cost prohibitive.
Same-day shipping vs. same-day delivery?
Same-day shipping is exactly what it sounds like — your order ships out on the same day it’s purchased. However, this does not necessarily correspond to its transit time.
Same-day delivery takes it a step further and guarantees your order will be delivered on the same day it’s purchased.
While often used interchangeably, same-day shipping and same-day delivery are both critical in meeting customers expectations.
As a consumer yourself, you can imagine the importance of a timely delivery.
If an order isn’t shipped out the same day it’s placed online, you risk a full day delay to when it reaches its destination. And if the shipment is not delivered the day it was advertised to arrive — especially if it was scheduled for later that day over a certain window of time — your customer will surely be upset.
Missing the mark with customers can be damaging.
Same-day delivery can be a game changer for any business.
Just how important is same-day delivery? Take a look at these stats:
- 64% of Millennials are more likely to make an online purchase if same-day delivery is an option, as are 56% of Gen Xers, 40% of Baby Boomers, and 63% of parents
- 88% of consumers are willing to pay for same-day or faster delivery
- 61% consumers are willing to pay more for same-day delivery
- 47% of US consumers have paid extra for same-day delivery in the last yearLast minute holiday shoppers are 78% more likely to purchase gifts from retailers that offer same-day delivery
- 71% of consumers are highly likely to recommend a retailer to others after purchasing a holiday gift and having it delivered the same day
- 51% of ecommerce retailers are already offering same-day delivery, as compared to only 16% in 2016
Because smaller independent brands’ customers are also shopping at the places that offer same-day delivery, they have come to expect a similar experience everywhere they shop.
Shipping providers with same-day delivery.
There are many logistic providers that offer same-day delivery service, like the ones below:
UPS Express Critical provides urgent and same-day delivery options for lightweight and heavyweight shipments. However, this is not a sustainable model due to their high prices (often hundreds of dollars).
FedEx’s same-day delivery option, FedEx SameDay, provides reliable door-to-door delivery within hours for time-sensitive packages. Similar to UPS however their prices can deter customers from this being a viable option.
Though CBD Products are legal is still regulated by City and State laws. In talking with many retailers in the Chicago-land area it appears that due to drivers being underage and / or not carding customers, Postmates no longer delivers tobacco or alcohol in Chicago.
Uber / Lyft
You trust the delivery service to be brand ambassador for your business. Would you really trust someone that you have never met before with your valuable CBD products and your reputation?
How LeafyQuick offers same-day Delivery service
LeafyQuick works with retailers, distributors and manufacturers to provide a technology-enabled distribution channel to help expand their businesses and brand. We empower businesses to reach consumers that want the convenience of online shopping but the service of a neighborhood store.
A customer can place an order online through leafyquick.com or by our retail partners directly. Once the order is placed we pick up the product from the closest retail partner and deliver it to the customer the same day.
As a business owner offering same day delivery service is a no brainer:
- Get customers that you are losing to online and e-commerce stores
- Be able to offer a valuable service that customers are asking for
- Receive all the benefits without the additional overhead and worrying about logistics
- Have your business / brand featured and marketed online
LeafyQuick is the first and only CBD delivery service in Chicago. We are always expanding our product offerings and our retail partners to our platform.
If you are interested in joining please do so by filling out the form here:
We look forward to hearing and learning more about your business.